The Big Weekend
Now an established part of the Kent calendar the Big Weekend is a campaign aimed at local residents. Over 100 attractions and venues offer free tickets for one weekend per year to encourage local people to discover what is on their doorstep. The event last year had over 116,000 ticket applications and over 20,000 people enjoyed a day out. Research shows that following the event 63% of participant would return to the attraction that year while 80% would reccommend it to their friends and family. As part of English Tourism Week the Big Weekend helps to raise the profile of tourism as an important sector in the local economy and gain the support of the local community. The dates for 2015 have been set for 21st and 22nd March.
If you want to learn more about the campaign see 2014 Campaign Report
If you want to promote 2015 Big Weekend here are some tools you can download:
- Always use #kentbigweekend and a link to www.kentbigweekend.co.uk
- Please tag @visitkent or our FB page where possible
- Feel free to start fun and friendly conversations with us, the media or other attractions about the Big Weekend, as this will generate interest, boost your social media stats and improve chances of the event trending.
Please include the following information in any press releases or website copy:
- Registration and full details at www.mykentbigweekend.co.uk
- My Kent Big Weekend takes place on 21st and 22nd March
- Registration opens 27th January and closes 17th February. Two tickets per household will be allocated by ballot to the lucky winners, although some family tickets will be available as well
- The event is organised by Visit Kent and 112 venues are offering tickets as part of the Big Weekend
- The event encourages Kent residents to discover and experience the many wonderful attractions and activities available in Kent – and to spread the word to others
- My Kent Big Weekend takes place during national English Tourism Week (www.visitengland.org/england-tourism-industry/etw/)
If you have any PR queries around My Kent Big Weekend, please contact Visit Kent PR Manager Sinead Hanna on email@example.com