The Kent Big Weekend
Kent Big Weekend forms part of the national English Tourism Week celebrations and helps to promte Kent to the wider world through the county's biggest advocates - its residents. In 2016 - the campaign's 10th anniversary - the event had over 122,000 ticket applications for more than 26,00o experiences. Research shows that following the event 71% of participant would return to the attraction that year while 85% would recommend it to their friends and family. As part of English Tourism Week the Big Weekend helps to raise the profile of tourism as an important sector in the local economy and gain the support of the local community.
- Please use #kentbigweekend16
- When mentioning The Big Weekend on social media, please tag @visitkent or our FB and Twitter pages where possible
- Feel free to start fun and friendly conversations with us, the media or other attractions about the Big Weekend, as this will generate interest, boost your social media stats and improve chances of the event trending.
kent Big weekend toolkit
If you are writing about The Big Weekend for your business, please include the following information in any press releases or website copy:
- The Kent Big Weekend took place on 12th and 13th March 2016
- Registration and www.kentbigweekend.co.uk opened 19th January, and registration closed 14th February. Two tickets per household were allocated by ballot to the lucky winners, although some family tickets were available as well
- The event encourages Kent residents to discover and experience the many wonderful attractions and activities available in Kent – and to spread the word to others
- Kent Big Weekend takes place during national English Tourism Week every year (www.visitengland.com/biz/about-us/campaigns-and-opportunities/english-tourism-week/english-tourism-week-2016)
If you have any PR queries around Kent Big Weekend, please contact Visit Kent PR Manager Sinead Hanna on email@example.com
FAMILY HOLIDAY ASSOCIATION
Visit Kent is working with the Family Holiday Association to support struggling families through the Big Weekend. Hundreds of families have benefited so far and you can help even more. The registration form to donate tickets includes a section where you can donate additional tickets to this charity. You can find out more about our partnership with the FHA here