The Kent Big Weekend
The Kent Big Weekend 2016 will take place on 12th and 13th March - and it will be the event's 10th birthday!
The Big Weekend forms part of the national English Tourism Week celebrations and is a great opportunity to promote your attraction to Kent residents. Now in its 10th year, we are looking forward to working with you on our biggest and best weekend to date! Last year the event had over 116,000 ticket applications and over 20,000 people enjoyed a day out. Research shows that following the event 63% of participant would return to the attraction that year while 80% would recommend it to their friends and family. As part of English Tourism Week the Big Weekend helps to raise the profile of tourism as an important sector in the local economy and gain the support of the local community.
If you want to learn more about the campaign see 2015 Campaign Report. To help you promote the Big Weekend, here are some handy tips for social media and your own website information.
- Please use #kentbigweekend16
- When mentioning The Big Weekend on social media, please tag @visitkent or our FB and Twitter pages where possible
- Feel free to start fun and friendly conversations with us, the media or other attractions about the Big Weekend, as this will generate interest, boost your social media stats and improve chances of the event trending.
kent Big weekend toolkit
If you are writing about The Big Weekend for your business, please include the following information in any press releases or website copy:
- The Kent Big Weekend takes place on 12th and 13th March
- Registration and www.kentbigweekend.co.uk opens 19th January, and registration closes 14th February. Two tickets per household will be allocated by ballot to the lucky winners, although some family tickets will be available as well
- The event encourages Kent residents to discover and experience the many wonderful attractions and activities available in Kent – and to spread the word to others
- My Kent Big Weekend takes place during national English Tourism Week (www.visitengland.com/biz/about-us/campaigns-and-opportunities/english-tourism-week/english-tourism-week-2016)
If you have any PR queries around My Kent Big Weekend, please contact Visit Kent PR Manager Sinead Hanna on firstname.lastname@example.org
FAMILY HOLIDAY ASSOCIATION
Visit Kent is working with the Family Holiday Association to support struggling families through the Big Weekend. Hundreds of families have benefited so far and you can help even more. The registration form to donate tickets includes a section where you can donate additional tickets to this charity. You can find out more about our partnership with the FHA here