Training & Resources
This page will be used to collate and signpost other useful resources and information that you may find useful at this time, along with details of training courses and webinars that may be beneficial.
Training and Webinars
- Our last virtual networking event took place on Friday 19th June at 3:30pm. Our CEO provided an update following the sector beginning to reopen from Covid-19, along with information to support destination recovery. download presentation here >>
- We at Visit Kent have put together a series of Business Resilience webinars as part of our Interreg Experience project, to help support businesses during this time. READ MORE HERE >>
- BEIS is holding a series of webinars on how to make your workspace safe for staff and customers. These seminars are based around the eight workplace-related guidance notes published so far and includes offices, restaurants doing takeaway/delivery services and working outdoors. Sign up here>>
- Sleeping Giant Media bring you the Business As Unusual Show discussing the latest in business, current trends and goings-on - every Wednesday 12noon and Friday 4pm
- Every Tuesday at 14:00, Digital Tourism Think Tank hold a weekly 30-minute 'Tourism Impact Call' to give the lay of the land in terms of what's happening and how the industry is responding. You'll find more info on this call and the additional resources they have to offer here.
- CBI are hosting Daily Coronavirus Webinars at 10:00 AM, where they share the latest insights and actions taken as a result of their conversations across the government – in particular with No.10, the Treasury and the Business Department.
Useful upcoming webinars:
Hospitality sector live Q&A - Reopen and Trade Safely
Friday 3rd July 1pm
Kent Invicta Conference Live
Tuesday 7th July 9am - 4:45pm
University of Kent (re)imagining Tourism in Kent
Thursday 23rd July 10am-12:30pm
Kent Business School Tourism and Hospitality Sector webinar
Thursday 30th July
12:30pm - 2pm
BEIS are running a series of webinars on various Coronavirus Support Schemes
Extension to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and flexible furloughing webinar
Dates: Wednesday 12 August 2:15-3:15, Thursday 13 August 09:45-10:45 and Friday 14 August 2:15 – 3:15.
Eat out to help out scheme webinar
Wednesday 12 August 3:45-4:40.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Self-Employment Income Support Scheme, Universal Credit and Child Benefit webinar
Tuesday 18 August 2:15-3:00, Wednesday 19 August 3:45-4:30, Thursday 20 August 11:15-12:00 and Friday 21 August 09:45-10:30.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme webinar
Thursday 20 August 12:45-1:30.
VisitEngland business recovery webinar programme
VisitBritain/VisitEngland’s webinar programme has been developed with you at its very core. With the UK travel industry being forced to evolve in response to a constantly changing landscape, our webinars will provide you will practical insight and valuable information from within VisitBritain/VisitEngland and across the wider travel industry. Our webinars will address your business needs to support, guide and engage, ultimately helping to drive the nation’s tourism recovery, together.
Skills Support for Redundancy (SSR) - Funded, tailored training to support individuals and businesses
SSR has adapted delivery of its training provision to continue to support individuals who are at risk of redundancy or have been made redundant in the last 3 months, as well as employers who are facing difficult staffing decisions.
Skills Support for Redundancy is an initiative designed to support employers and individuals affected by redundancy. SSR is a tailored service to meet your needs, offering a wide range of training support. A dedicated SSR Partnership Coordinator will work with you to identify the best sources of support and training to help individuals get back into employment.
The programme’s network of expert training providers is now able to offer a wide range of funded training courses through blended and online learning. Making use of technologies such as; Skype, Zoom, webinars, online distance learning platforms and training portals, will enable SSR to be available to individuals and SME’s remotely. This flexibility will allow ‘in-journey’ Learners to continue receiving the support they need as well as enable employers affected by the current business climate to access bespoke training and careers guidance for employees who are at risk of redundancy.
A range of skills training, qualifications and networking support will be provided remotely to support individuals to upskill and reskill. Training is bespoke to suit the needs of the employee(s) following a remote Training Needs Analysis. Training could cover, Employability Skills, Functional Skills and/or upskilling for ongoing workplace success in a new role.
Business information and support
- Government business support hub
- VisitBritain business support hub
- South East Business Hub have created a page with information and guidance for businesses and employers
- The Kent and Medway Growth Hub provides support and information for businesses
- District Council business information and grants
- The Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS) has published advice and information around sick pay and leave
- The FSB have guidance for small businesses including advice on financial support
- The National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) has advice for the voluntary sector
- Advice from Arts Council England for funding recipients
- Advice from Sports England for funding recipients
- Golf England has advice for golf courses
- UK Hospitality has advice for businesses on managing linen
- Brachers have provided some guidance for managers and HR staff and commercial agreements
- Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce have a business support hotline: 03333 602300
- Arts Council England has announced a £160 million emergency fund to support those in the cultural sector who have been affected by Coronavirus
- Heritage watch has produced business advice on security during business closure, staff safety and security and site plant security
- PASC has set up a website to provide support and information for self-catering businesses regardless of whether they are members.
- The Government have provided more guidance on social distancing in the workplace
- CBI are offering complimentary access to member resources and the opportunity to directly share your concerns through a time-limited membership scheme for businesses. They have also launched a Coronavirus Hub to provide advice and guidance for businesses. Businesses can apply for temporary membership using the online form here.
- Information on Legionella and landlord responsibilities
- Free Trading standards advice
- Kent Public protection
The Covid-19 Solidarity Response Fund is a secure way for individuals, philanthropies and businesses to contribute to the WHO-led effort to respond to the pandemic.
The National Emergencies Trust (NET) has launched a coronavirus fundraising appeal to raise funds for local charities. The British Red Cross will be managing donations.
The Hospitality Action Covid-19 Emergency Appeal to provide one-off awards to eligible workers facing hardship.