England's Creative Coast Art Homes
England’s Creative Coast (ECC) is an innovative visitor experience that allows travel trade and Fully Independent Travellers (FITs) to gain inspiration, browse and plan their own bespoke cultural travel itineraries. New outdoor artworks and cultural adventures connect the outstanding galleries across the South East’s stunning coastline, taking in everything from attractions, events and festivals to accommodation, food and drink, for the ultimate creative travel experience.
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, businesses need to adapt existing products, create new revenue streams, and collaborate to reach new audiences to help their recovery and drive business growth. Connecting to the area’s cultural offer can help to unlock new business. With the growing trend for everyone to become their own travel agent and to have an authentic experience, Art Homes offers something new and exciting to the market.
Find out more by downloading our Onboarding Document here.
What is the Art Homes Pilot Programme?
Art Homes is a year-long pilot programme. Homestay hosts who participate in programme will:
- Work with the tourism quality assessment experts, Quality in Tourism. They will provide support for homestay hosts to undertake the Safe, Clean and Legal accreditation, a free tourism industry certified accreditation that provides assurance for visitors. Hosts will also receive a Great4 Art Homes accolade showcasing their connections with the local arts industry
- Gain access to promotional platforms targeting cultural visitors
- At the end of the year-long programme, the homestay hosts will provide feedback to help with the assessment of the initiative
Why should you take part?
The Art Homes pilot is free to participate in. Those who join the programme will benefit from:
- Free marketing to new audiences
- You’ll be promoted for free on englandscreativecoast.com – a brand new website promoting the region and its cultural offer, including itinerary ideas, food, drink, activities, attractions and accommodation for visitors to curate their own trip
- Free listing on visitkent.co.uk and included in inspirational content shared across Visit Kent social media platforms
- Accreditation for your business, inspiring confidence and assurance
- You’ll be given a Great 4 Art Homes accolade that you can add to all your marketing, including your AirBnB listing (worth £35 +VAT)
- You’ll receive a Safe, Clean and Legal accreditation valid for one-year (worth £100 +VAT)
- You’ll be following best practice, ensuring that your business is compliant, giving your visitors added confidence when booking and staying
- Participation in England’s Creative Coast, an exciting new tourism initiative
- Working alongside leading cultural organisations; Turner Contemporary, Creative Folkestone, De La Warr Pavilion, Hastings Contemporary, Metal, Towner Art Gallery, The Historic Dockyard Chatham, Cement Fields
- Becoming part of a nationwide and worldwide travel scheme with VisitEngland through the Discover England Fund
- Being part of a project that is responding to the growing demand for experiential and localised tourism products
If you have read the document and and wish to begin your Art Homes adventure, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with Art Homes in the subject line.
Research on the Art Homes sector
As we know this could be a new venture for you, please do take a read of our research, specifically for the benefit of Art Homes here.
Please note that this research was carried out in 2019, prior to the Covid-19 pandemic. Findings and consumer opinions relating to the Art Homes concept are still relevant in the current situation, however this report should also be read along side supplementary reports that can provide up to date data on general consumer sentiment and visitor trends:
- VisitEngland Covid-19 Weekly Consumer Sentiment Tracker – https://www.visitbritain.org/covid-19-consumer-sentiment-tracker
- VisitEngland Covid-19 Monthly Profile Reports - https://www.visitbritain.org/covid-19-consumer-sentiment-tracker
- VisitBritain Domestic & Inbound Tourism Forecast 2021 - https://www.visitbritain.org/2021-tourism-forecast