Kent Tourism Awards 2019 Winners
We are delighted to reveal the winners of the Kent Tourism Awards 2019.
Following a round of public voting to find the best attractions, accommodation and pubs in the county, seven winners were announced at the awards ceremony at the Kent Cricket Ground on Monday 2nd December.
The categories and winners were:
- Business Events Venue of the Year - Leeds Castle, Maidstone
- Camping, Glamping, Self-Catering Accommodation of the Year - Kits Coty Glamping, Aylesford
- Experience of the Year - Vine + Country Tours
- International Tourism Awards - Hythe Imperial Hotel
- Large Hotel of the Year - Hotel du Vin, Royal Tunbridge Wells
- Large Visitor Attraction of the Year - Walmer Castle & Gardens
- New Tourism Business Award - Vine + Country Tours
- Pub of the Year - The Foundry Brew Pub, Canterbury
- Small Accommodation provider of the Year - Brambles Bed & Breakfast, Eythorne
- Small Visitor Attraction of the Year - Balfour - Hush Heath Estate, Staplehurst
- Taste of Kent of the Year - Hythe Imperial Hotel
- Family Holiday Association Award - Rare Breeds Centre, Woodchurch
- PROFIT International Award - Mijn Lievelingsplek, Netherlands
The awards were devised and launched in 2017 by destination specialists Go To Places - who deliver Visit Kent - to reward exceptional standards of customer service and outstanding visitor experiences within the local tourism industry. Following an initial round of judging by an expert panel of independent tourism judges, the shortlisted finalists were decided by mystery shopping visits.
Deirdre Wells OBE, CEO of Go To Places, said: “We’re thrilled to celebrate and honour Kent’s incredible tourism businesses with another year of the Kent Tourism Awards. From first-rate accommodation providers to exceptional visitor attractions, this year’s winners really demonstrate the quality and diversity of Kent’s current tourism offering. Delivering extraordinary experiences, delicious food and drink and a world-class warm welcome, Kent’s businesses continue to grow the visitor economy in Kent and we’re very proud to take a moment to celebrate their achievements. Congratulations to all the 2019 winners and nominees!”
The awards were sponsored by Biddenden Vineyards, Brachers, InsideKent Magazine, Leftlion, Quinn Estates, MHA MacIntyre Hudson, NFU Mutual Tunbridge Wells, Pillory Barn, Sleeping Giant Media, and Southeastern. The event was supported by Interreg 2 Seas PROFIT.
The winners will now also be featured by VisitEngland as part of the celebration of the 30th Anniversary of their national Awards for Excellence.