Coronavirus Business Funding and Support for Tourism and Hospitality Businesses
The outbreak of Covid-19 presents our industry with an unprecedented challenge, with all but essential businesses closing from 23rd March 2020.
Visit Kent, along with colleagues from across the tourism and hospitality sector, have been ensuring that the impact on the sector and needs of our businesses are effectively communicated to Government to support our vital sector, to preserve jobs, the economy and future growth. We are delighted that the Government has listened an in response, the Chancellor has announced a package of measures, the headlines of which are set out below.
We will update this page with the latest information on who is eligible and how to access the funding and financial support announced by the government and other organisations.
Read more about support with paying wages including:
- Coronavirus job retention scheme - Submit information through new HMRC online portal
- Statutory sick pay relief packages for SMEs - Rebate scheme is being developed
- Self-Employment Income Support Scheme - Apply through HMRC in June
Read more about support through business rates relief and grants including:
- Business rates relief - Automatic through local authorities
- Cash grants - Automatic through local authorities
Read more about support with cash flow including:
- Coronavirus business interruption loan scheme - Apply through all major banks
- Covid-19 corporate financing facility - More information coming soon
Read more about support with tax payments through HMRC including:
- VAT deferrals - Automatic through HMRC
- Time to pay arrangement - Request through HMRC line
Find out more advice around insurance, commercial rent and planning regulations including:
- Business interruption insurance
- Commercial rent
- Planning regulations
Read more about funding and support from other organisations