Other Useful Resources
This page will be used to collate and signpost other useful resources and information that you may find useful at this time.
- Advice on mass gatherings and public events
- Guidance for employees, emplyers and businesses
- Guidance on social distancing and vulerable people
- Cleaning of non-healthcare settings
- Guidance on supply chain support
- Guidance for the charity sector
- Guidance for food businesses
- Travel advice
Business information and support
Government business support hub
VisitBritain business support hub
South East Business Hub have created a page with information and guidance for businesses and employers
The Kent and Medway Growth Hub provides support and information for businesses
District Council business information and grants
The Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS) has published advice and information around sick pay and leave
The FSB have guidance for small businesses including advice on financial support
The National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) has advice for the voluntary sector
Advice from Arts Council England for funding recipients
Advice from Sports England for funding recipients
Golf England has advice for golf courses
UK Hospitality has advice for businesses on managing linen
Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce have a business support hotline: 03333 602300
PASC has set up a website to provide support and information for self-catering businesses regardless of whether they are members.
The Government have provided more guidance on social distancing in the workplace
CBI are offering complimentary access to member resources and the opportunity to directly share your concerns through a time-limited membership scheme for businesses. They have also launched a Coronavirus Hub to provide advice and guidance for businesses. Businesses can apply for temporary membership using the online form here.
Training and Webinars
Sleeping Giant Media bring you the Business As Unusual Show discussing the latest in business, current trends and goings-on - every Wednesday 12noon and Friday 4pm
Kallaway PR are offering free webinars to help marketing/PR teams, brand/asset managers and others in communication or leadership roles develop a clear and effective communications plan.
Every Tuesday at 14:00, Digital Tourism Think Tank hold a weekly 30 minute 'Tourism Impact Call' to give the lay of the land in terms of what's happening and how the industry is responding. You'll find more info on this call and the additional resources they have to offer here.
CBI are hosting Daily Coronavirus Webinars at 10:00 AM, where they share the latest insights and actions taken as a result of their conversations across the government – in particular with No.10, the Treasury and the Business Department.
The Covid-19 Solidarity Response Fund is a secure way for individuals, philanthropies and businesses to contribute to the WHO-led effort to respond to the pandemic.
The National Emergencies Trust (NET) has launched a coronavirus fundraising appeal to raise funds for local charities. The British Red Cross will be managing donations.
The Hospitality Action Covid-19 Emergency Appeal to provide one-off awards to eligible workers facing hardship.
HMRC Business Support Helpline - 0800 024 1222 Monday - Friday 8.00am to 4.00pm. The helpline will not be available on Bank Holidays.
Kent Covid-19 Business Support Hotline - 03333 602300 Monday – Friday 8.30am – 6.30pm
The Government has started a Whatsapp information service to provide official, trustworthy and timely information and advice about coronavirus out to as many people as possible. It will provide information on topics such as coronavirus prevention and symptoms, the latest number of cases in the UK, advice on staying at home, travel advice and myth-busting via a chatbot.
To use this free service, simply add 07860 064422 in your phone contacts and then message the word ‘hi’ in a WhatsApp message to get started.
District Council Business Support
Your District or Borough Council is responsible for administering the business rates relief and coronavirus grant funding. Below are the links to general business advice and contact pages for each local authority as well as the form you should complete if you think you are eligible for grant funding.
- Ashford Borough Council - Direct link to grant form
- Canterbury City Council & Canterbury BID - Direct link to grant form
- Dartford Borough Council - Information on business grants
- Dover District Council - Direct link to grant form
- Folkestone & Hythe District Council - Direct link to grant form
- Gravesham Borough Council - Direct link to grant form
- Maidstone Borough Council - Information on business grants
- Medway Council - Direct link to grant form
- Sevenoaks District Council - Letter sent to businesses about business grants
- Swale Borough Council - Information on business grants
- Thanet District Council - Information on business grants
- Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council - Direct link to form
- Tunbridge Wells Borough Council - Information on business grants
THE 149TH OPEN, 11-18 JULY 2021